Strange Hollywood hookups: celebrities you never knew dated

0

 


We all have relationships we'd like to leave in the past, right? Hollywood A-listers are no different! There have been plenty of celebrity romances that were (almost) lost to the annals of history. You'll be shocked at some of these unexpected pairings.

Matthew Perry reflects on his unexpected and short relationship with Julia Roberts in his new book 'Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing,' opening up on how the actors met to the sad reason for their end. It all started with, of course, 'Friends.'

“Julia had been offered the post-Super Bowl episode in season 2 and she would only do the show if she could be in my story line,” writes Perry, as per ET. “Let me say that again—she would only do the show if she could be in my story line. (Was I having a good year or what?) But first, I had to woo her.” He revealed that he sent Roberts three dozen roses and a note that read, "The only thing more exciting than the prospect of you doing the show is that I finally have an excuse to send you flowers.”

In a surprising move, Perry recalled, "her reply was that if I adequately explained quantum physics to her, she’d agree to be on the show.” He sent her a paper the next day about "wave-particle duality" and "the uncertainty principle and entanglement" and Roberts agreed to do the show, while also sending him tons of bagels.

They started dating shortly after, but to Perry it felt doomed. "Dating Julia Roberts had been too much for me,” he wrote. “I had been constantly certain that she was going to break up with me. Why would she not? I was not enough; I could never be enough; I was broken, bent, unlovable.”

And so, it was Perry who ended the relationship. “Instead of facing the inevitable agony of losing her, I broke up with the beautiful and brilliant Julia Roberts. She might have considered herself slumming it with a TV guy, and TV guy was now breaking up with her," he wrote. "I can’t begin to describe the look of confusion on her face.”

Danielle Fishel and Lance Bass


Martha Stewart and Anthony Hopkins


Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top