This is why Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky broke up

0

 Jennifer Lawrence has revealed the reason behind her and Darren Aronofsky’s split in an interview with Adam Sandler, citing the stresses of having a working relationship as the cause of the break-up. 



Discussing Mother! and the negative reviews it received, Lawerence spoke candidly about the impact of dating her director in an ‘Actors on Actors’ segment interview by Variety, hosted by Sandler. 

Sharing how she usually ‘let’s go’ films that are “out of her hands” once they’re released, Lawrence said Aronofsky preferred to read reviews about the film. 

“Dating the director was different, because, it's like, we'd be on the tour together [and] I'd come back to the hotel and the last thing I want to talk about or think about is a movie. He comes back from the tour and that's all he wants to talk about.”

“I get it,” she continued. “It's his baby. He wrote it. He conceived it. He directed it. So I was doing double duty of trying to be a supportive partner while also being like ‘Can I please for the love of God not think about Mother! for one second?’”

Lawrence and Aronofsky ended their one year relationship in October after meeting on the set of Mother!, which was directed by Aronofsky and starred Lawrence as the lead character. 

Eventually, however, the pressure was too much, with Lawrence putting her foot down, resulting in the ending of the relationship. 

“I was finally just like, ‘It's not healthy. Neither of us are doing it.' We're not going to do it because if I read it, I start getting defensive, especially because it's, like, my man. And I don't want to sound, like, in an interview that I'm defending what we're doing in anyway. It's awesome what we did. The people who hate it really hate it, but it's nothing that needs to be defended. If I read a negative review, I get defensive.”

There you have it, Mother! was the beginning and the end of Jaronofsky. 

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top